AMEY has announced it is working with local authorities in Scotland to host a number of Journey to Work events, designed to improve the career prospects for job seekers.
Representatives from the firm’s recruitment team, local recruitment agencies and careers team, will be on hand to discuss vacancies. There will also be experts to offer advice and guidance on issues ranging from writing a CV and applying for jobs through to completing job applications and interview techniques.
Karen Hopley, people director for transport infrastructure at Amey, said, “We understand that finding work can be incredibly difficult, that’s why we’ve put together a day event to help provide local people with the skills and support needed to get them back into work.
“Working in collaboration with local authorities and recruitment agencies, we’ll be sharing current vacancies, which people can apply for on the day, as well as sharing tips and techniques to empower and support them on their journey to work.”
These events follow Amey’s first Journey to Work event which was held last month in Staffordshire.
The Journey to Work events, which are free to attend, run from 10am until 2pm on:
- Tuesday 7th June, Rothes Square, Glenrothes, KY7 5NX
- Wednesday 8th June, Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH
- Monday 13th June, Arbroath Job Centre, 2 Chalmers Street, Arbroath, Angus, DD11 1PP
- Wednesday 15th June, Dundee and Angus College, Kingsway Campus, Old Glemis Road, Dundee, DD3 8LE
- Tuesday 21st June, UHI Moray, Moray Street, Elgin, IV30 1JJ
- Wednesday 22nd June, Eastgates Shopping Centre, Inverness IU2 3PP
Roles are also available in the Amey Consulting team. The team will be holding two events later this month that focus on more specialist roles. These events are as follows:
- Wednesday 22nd June, 4.30pm – 7.15pm, Great Western Boardroom, voco® Grand Central Glasgow, 99 Gordon Street, Glasgow G1 3SF
- Thursday 23rd June, 4.30pm – 7.15pm, The Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, 16 St Mary’s Street, Edinburgh EH1 1SU