FIFE Council has confirmed that the new Madras College in St Andrews is on schedule to welcome staff and pupils in August.
BAM Construction started work on the new £50 million school in 2019, with it forming part of the £250 million Building Fife’s Future programme, which has brought five secondary schools and two primary schools to the constituency.
Work currently ongoing at the site includes:
- Building work such as brickwork walls, external doors, windows and roofing is expected to be complete by the middle of February.
- A new footpath at Buchanan Gardens as well as the widening of core path. Now complete.
- The installation of toucan crossings at Hepburn and Buchanan Gardens. Now complete.
- The school’s tree tail is now planted.
- The sample classroom is now complete.
- Fit out of classrooms and installation of fixed furniture has begun.
- Decoration, flooring, internal doors, windowsills, tiling, installation of shower areas, toilets and hand basins etc.
- Soft landscaping is underway including grass seeding and shrub and hedge planting.