RUSSELL Roof Tiles has announced that its Give4Good charity initiative will return for a third consecutive year, with the 150-strong team pledging to raise £50,000 for good causes.
This year the company has announced that 12 organisations will benefit from the firm’s fundraising efforts. Russell Roof Tiles is supporting five causes local to each of its sites in Burton on Trent and Lochmaben, plus two international organisations.
All 12 causes have been nominated by the firm’s staff. Since the inception of the Give4Good initiative in 2022, the business has donated over £135,000.
The Russell Roof Tiles Give4Good recipients this year are as follows:
- D&G Canine Rescue Centre – Dedicated to rescuing and rehoming dogs
- Lockerbie Wildlife Trust – Runs an annual programme of talks, visits and workshops relating to wildlife and conservation for members, schools and other interested parties
- Veterans Garden Dumfries – Providing a safe place for serving local veterans and their families to meet for a brew and catch up and mutual support we’re needed
- Sports Driving Unlimited – Run by a small group of volunteers who are keen for people with an impairment to enjoy the fun, excitement and health benefits of taking part in sports carriage driving
- Moffat Mountain Rescue – Provides search and rescue services to the communities and visitors within the team area
Burton on Trent
- Burton and District Mind – Helps to improve mental health across East Staffordshire, Lichfield District and Tamworth Borough
- Burton YMCA – Provides a supportive and safe environment for those who are homeless in East Staffordshire
- The Young Ones – Provides gift boxes for disadvantaged local children who may have nothing, or very little, to celebrate an important day in their life such as birthday or Christmas
- Burton Soup Kitchen – Supports homeless and vulnerable people within the local community
- Staffordshire, Shropshire and Chesire Blood Bikes – An urgent volunteer service that provides transportation of blood products, for free, to NHS hospitals across Shropshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire
The Footprints Family is a Burton-based charity that supports residents who are living through hardship in Kenya. The charity has provided clean water, electricity, a free school bus, and the knowledge of farming techniques for local children.
Odisha FC is an Indian super-league football club, which focuses on helping children to reach their dreams of becoming football players, and to have a positive social impact on the local community.
Russell Roof Tiles is aiming to host a number of new fundraising activities to add to its already popular events, which include a weight loss challenge, golf day, football tournament and Big Quiz Night.
MD Andrew Hayward said, “When we first set up Give4Good, we wanted to create a long-lasting legacy that would financially support charities for many years to come. We’re now on our third year of running our Give4Good initiative and we’ve forged strong relationships with each of the charities and the incredible people who keep them running.
“It’s been eye-opening to hear their stories and heartwarming to know how much our support is appreciated. Together, we’re making a real difference.”