PACIFIC Building has announced the appointment of several new team members following recent contract awards and increased business demand from framework clients.
Recent recruits include pre-development manager Kevin Harris, administrative assistant Vicky Slater, contracts manager Hugh Parker, site manager Nick Jones and senior quantity surveyor Colin Clocherty. They have now been joined by QS Fiona McLean and site manager Robert Neilson.
Pacific has secured contract awards in the last quarter from the likes of supermarket chain Lidl, fast-food firm McDonalds, travel food experts SSP, dining group Wagamama/TRG and the University of Edinburgh – worth in excess of £5 million.
A spokesman for Hillington-based Pacific said, “As a company, we have always been focused on building a great team to meet and exceed the needs of our clients. In construction, your people are your business. So we recruit dependable, knowledgeable and skilled individuals and we retain our best team players by promoting and rewarding them for their hard work and reliability.”
The business is currently looking forward to starting a raft of new projects, including:
- The creation of a new cosmetic surgery day clinic in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, for Cosmedicare
- New Bird & Signet Bar at Glasgow Airport
- The modernisation of the Lidl supermarket in Leith
- A new glazed link corridor for the Hudson Beare Building on the King’s Campus at the University of Edinburgh, together with associated improvement works
- Refurbishment projects for McDonalds across Scotland
MD Gerard McMahon said, “As a company, we always say that ‘we exist to build great things’, but this increase in staff expertise and the acquisition of new business show that we also exist to build a great business for the future.”