BUILD Lanarkshire, the online programme which guides local construction businesses on how to win new work from public sector and Scotland’s Tier One building contractors, is underway again and will run until June 24.
Run in partnership with North and South Lanarkshire Councils, the initiative is conducted by hub south West and a number of leading contractors.
The programme, comprising seven four-hour online sessions led by specialists, will cover a range of issues including: Strategy for your Business, Leadership and Management, Building an Effective Team and Running a Smooth Operation, Tendering and Procurement, Marketing and Social Media in a Digital World, Cyber Security and the Benefits of Cloud Accounting, and Ongoing Business Support and Development.
To conclude each session, participants get the chance to meet representatives of Tier One contractors.
The Build Lanarkshire programme culminates in an online awards ceremony where each participating business presents itself in front of a panel comprising representatives of the two local authorities, Tier One contractors, and hub South West.
The 13 participating companies are:
- Kilsyth’s BDL Demolition
- Blantyre-headquartered John McGeady Limited
- Cumbernauld-based Dow Group
- Blackrock Construction Group of Moodiesburn
- Fast Track Utilities and Construction Services of Airdrie
- K&S Electrical from Milton of Campsie
- JKR Cleaning from Bothwell
- Hamilton’s MAQ Air Conditioning
- Uddingston’s Assisting Success Limited
- Hamilton’s MacGregor Flooring Company
- Building Finishing Services from Coatbridge
- Metaltech Roofing, also of Coatbridge, and
- Strathaven-based Procast Property Services
Michael McBrearty, chief executive of hub South West, said, “With this our fourth Build Lanarkshire initiative we are aiming to consolidate the success the programme has already achieved in delivering a broad understanding of the factors needed to win more new, bigger contracts from both Tier One contractors and the public sector.”