TO help the Scottish construction sector’s restart, the Construction Industry Coronavirus (CICV) Forumhas released a short film highlighting health and safety steps that staff should take during the return to work.
Entitled Working Together, the 90-second animation illustrates measures workers in the construction industry can take to protect themselves, colleagues and the wider community.
Its release follows the success of a previous Forum animation, In It Together, which outlined procedures for emergency domestic work and was adapted by a host of other UK and European organisations.
Rebecca Crosland, health and safety advisor at Forum member the Building Engineering Services Association said, “The restart has the potential to be an unsettling time for everybody concerned, with people unsure about exactly what they should do. This latest animation lays down in simple terms, with bright and cheerful graphics, the common sense ways in which everyone can contribute to a safe working environment and help keep the virus at bay.”
The animation advises that employees should:
- Travel to work alone, if possible.
- Observe physical distancing at all times.
- Wear a proper face covering if required.
- Wash their hands properly and often.
- Regularly clean frequently touched tools, objects and surfaces.
The film also emphasises how everyone can play their part by:
- Bringing their own prepared food and drink.
- Staying on site or using their vehicle during breaks.
- Always coughing into their sleeve or elbow if they don’t have a tissue.
- Staying at home and following Government guidance if they have Covid-19 symptoms.
- Reading their company’s Covid-19 policy and risk assessment.
The new film follows the launch of the Forum’s return to work pack.
Iain Mason, director of membership and communications at SELECT and chair of the communications sub-group on the CICV Forum commented, “The Forum has been at the forefront of information flow since the start of the crisis in March. The number of trade associations, professional bodies, companies and individuals who have come together for mutual benefit and for the sake of the preservation of the sector underlines the core message of the film that, by working together, we can successfully navigate a safe return to work.”
The animation was brought to life by creative agency Connect Communications whose MD Alan Ramsay added, “For the second time during this pandemic we have successfully created a clear and straightforward message that can be quickly and easily understood and adopted by the construction sector’s diverse and varied workforce.”
- Watch the animation here.