MAXI Construction Limited has been awarded a £1.2m contract for the re-construction of the Botanic Cottage at Inverleith Row, Edinburgh.
The two-storey stone cottage will be rebuilt using materials from the original 1764 Georgian building which was saved from demolition, carefully dismantled and stored, allowing this historically important building to be resurrected. The original building was designed by architects John Adam and James Craig and stood for over two centuries at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh’s former site at Leith Walk.
Upon completion, the Botanic Cottage will provide a modern educational facility and will be the centrepiece for a new teaching garden for families, schools and community groups.
The project team includes Simpson and Brown Architects; Sweett (UK) Ltd Quantity Surveyor; Harley Haddow Structural Engineer; Allan Cumming Associates Ltd Mechanical Engineer; McLean Engineering Partnership Electrical Engineer and Stephen Newsom CDM Co-ordinator.